Re: Getting started with WOFF 2.0: a template draft

Thank you for this, it's quite helpful to get me started. I'm now deep into
editing the draft, which I'm finding is mostly merging content from four
sources: the WOFF 1 TR, the Microtype Express proposal, the "WOFF Ultra
Condensed File Format" draft from a year or so back (which I'm finding is
quite rough and in need of polishing), and the reference code (I consider
the C++ encoder to now be the the source of truth for the format).

I personally am quite comfortable with old-school raw HTML editing. That's
how I've created pretty much every web site I've done, and working in a raw
text editor in one window and reloading in a browser in another is
interactive enough for this kind of thing. BlueGriffon does look like a
fine tool, though.

One item on my list is whether to expand the format to support the
equivalent of TTC's. After diving into it, I think that's probably not a
good idea, and I'll expand on my reasoning for that in a separate post.

Take care,

Raph