RE: Telcon minutes, Wed. June 26th

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:22 PM John Hudson wrote:

> > -We have interesting proposals from Adam, something that needs
> further
> > discussion, more font developers and font tool vendors involved, and
> > most likely require an update to WG charter;
>
> What process should we follow to involve font and tool developers in
> this conversation?
>

> Christopher reports that the meeting room will hold 35-50 people,
> depending on configuration. So we can accommodate observers and outside
> participants if this is desirable.

I think that for now we take this discussion informally to gauge the interest and also to see if there are enough interest from other folks to join the group to participate. Once we have a good idea who wants to be involved and what the expected output should be, we can consider a number of options - from establishing a Community Group to start the development of a web font profile informally all the way to drafting a new charter to include this activity for WebFonts WG list (provided that we have enough interest from the existing W3C members or enough new people wanting to join).

Thank you,