RE: Quick WOFF 2.0 update

Hello WG,

First of all, I would like to thank once again Raph and David for their efforts in producing and updating the reference WOFF 2.0 implementation. The tools they built, combined with the Chrome early implementation will allow us to progress further and complete the evaluation step faster. We are a bit behind on our original schedule to produce the first public working draft of Evaluation report by Jan. 2013 but I am sure we will be able to more than make up for it in the coming weeks and months - our next milestone is the Last Call report slated for October this year.

Having said this - I am making an "executive decision" to forgo the call this week. I really want us to have enough time to review and evaluate the reference code David and Raph produced, and have an informed discussion about it and, possibly, discuss any concerns that we may have (or will uncover) in the process.

I would really appreciate if all WG members would try to find some time in your busy schedules to try the updated implementation and discuss it on this email list. Let us plan to resume our regularly scheduled conference calls starting next week, and please come prepared!

Thank you all,
Vlad