Re: WOFF without same origin restriction in Opera?

Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> I realize now rant was somewhat pejorative; sorry about that. I was reacting
> more to the general tone of where I thought the thread might be going, and to
> singling out Anne in particular. While I agree his take has been unhelpful at
> times on this topic, I didn't think pursuing that angle would get us anywhere.

I agree, and again thank you for steering this somewhere more
productive. One of the things that I find unsettling -- upsetting even
-- about Opera ignoring the SOR requirement is that it seems a big step
backwards to the sometimes less than friendly arguments of *two* summers
ago, which invites the unhappy tone you diagnosed in my message. I
really thought we were past that, had been working well together, and
were close to a broadly uncontroversial web font standard with clearly
defined conformance requirements for both font producers and consumers.
So seeing Opera apparently choose to ignore one of the conformance
requirements of the specification that they co-sponsored is perplexing
and contrary to expectations of where we are and the good will that got
us here.

JH