Re: Minutes, 16 February 2011 WebFonts WG telcon

Dave Crossland wrote:

> and CORS being off the table take us to is either WOFF with SOR being
> addressed by FO or with SOR not being addressed.
>
> Is CORS really totally off the table?

CORS is a mechanism to relax a same-origin restriction.  The two
options here are "same origin restriction by default with CORS to
relax" vs. "From-origin with the default for all resource types
set to unrestricted".

The first option is what we've spec'ed so far.  To use
'From-Origin' would mean either delaying the WOFF spec until the
details of 'From-Origin' are hashed out or decoupling the WOFF
format from the discussion of origin restrictions altogether and
issuing some form of addendum later after the details of From-Origin
have been worked out.

John Daggett