W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webfonts-wg@w3.org > October 2010

Minutes, 27 Oct 2010 WebFonts WG telcon

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:25:48 +0200
Message-ID: <991851816.20101027222548@w3.org>
To: public-webfonts-wg@w3.org
Hello public-webfonts-wg,

Minutes of a brief pre-TPAC meeting, mainly to review f2f agenda and check on action items
http://www.w3.org/2010/10/27-webfonts-minutes.html

below as text (no new actions)

                 WebFonts Working Group Teleconference

27 Oct 2010

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/27-webfonts-irc

Attendees

   Present
          +44.184.426.aaaa, jfkthame, +1.781.970.aabb, +1.250.247.aacc,
          ChrisL, +1.408.536.aadd, cslye, John, sylvaing, Vlad,
          [Microsoft]

   Regrets
          tal, dave

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          ChrisL

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]finalize agenda
         2. [5]open actions
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 27 October 2010

   jfkthame, i just checked in an update of woff with the ids and
   classes

   <jfkthame> ChrisL: great, thanks

   it has ugly formatting so i can see what I am doing

   <jfkthame> :)

   normative/informative references and markup prettifying not done yet

   <jfkthame> ok

   <scribe> scribe: ChrisL

finalize agenda

   [7]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/wiki/2010-TPAC#Agenda

      [7] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/wiki/2010-TPAC#Agenda

   ChrisL: anyone in WG can add items
   ... checked in a modified spec with all conformance statements
   fitted with class and id

open actions

   [8]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/open

      [8] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/open

   action-15?

   <trackbot> ACTION-15 -- Jonathan Kew to split intro to remove these
   requirements and insert them into a new section, "normative
   references" -- due 2010-08-24 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [9]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/15

      [9] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/15

   jfkthame: pending, talked with chris

   action-23?

   <trackbot> ACTION-23 -- Jonathan Kew to verify whether, with zlib,
   it's possible to have a stream that allows an EOF midstream, so
   extra data can be padded on mid-stream. -- due 2010-08-24 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [10]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/23

     [10] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/23

   jfkthame: still open

   action-24?

   <trackbot> ACTION-24 -- Jonathan Kew to work with Chris L on
   reformatting footnotes section into normative and non normative
   references -- due 2010-08-24 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [11]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/24

     [11] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/24

   ChrisL: discussed on phone, in progress

   action-27?

   <trackbot> ACTION-27 -- Chris Lilley to write up a test suite plan
   -- due 2010-08-25 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [12]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/27

     [12] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/27

   ChrisL: in progress

   action-29?

   <trackbot> ACTION-29 -- John Hudson to review woff faq with chris
   and vlad -- due 2010-10-06 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/29

     [13] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/29

   John: was it ok?

   ChrisL: yes, great

   John: will sent to wg. need to list benefits of test suite

   Vlad: also split benefits of webfonts in general and woff in
   particular

   action-33?

   <trackbot> ACTION-33 -- Chris Lilley to write up the proposed text
   for WOFF processing model -- due 2010-10-27 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/33

     [14] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/33

   ChrisL: not yet

   action-35?

   <trackbot> ACTION-35 -- Jonathan Kew to add the language expalining
   that attributes with 'id' as a name should not be treated as element
   ids. -- due 2010-10-27 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/35

     [15] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/35

   Vlad: editorial
   ... ok so that is all the open actions

   [16]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/wiki/2010-TPAC#Agenda

     [16] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/wiki/2010-TPAC#Agenda

   Review WOFF spec text before Last Call

   Minuted decision to go to Last Call

   Review test plan, allocate actions for test creation

   Meet with I18N, CSS WGs

   Check with other WGs on length of review period for last call.

   Demo of WOFF validator?

   Vlad: no link to the wiki from the wb page

   ChrisL: will add

   sylvaing: conflict between svg and webfonts
   ... thursday pm is FX TF also

   ChrisL: yes I will be hopping from one meeting to another
   ... will probably do mornings in webfonts and afternoons with svg

   Vlad: need to check with I18N and CSS WGs, also length of LC review
   ... is Tal at TPAC?

   cslye: about joint meetings - is that in our timeslot or another
   time

   Vlad: in our slot
   ... tal is not registered, maybe he can call in

   <cslye> Follow-up: Do those WGs come in with their own agenda, or do
   we settle something ahead of time?

   cslye: can be either way, depends

   ChrisL (explains bad standing)

   Vlad: so far its not needed
   ... anything else to add?

   John: clear what room to go to?

   ChrisL; ask at the info desk, they will direct you

   cslye: got a travel advisory on Lyon

   ChrisL (explains about train strikes and demos/rioting)

   Vlad: planned strike on nov 6, rumour
   ... (reviews list of attendees for tpac)

   John: adam will probably be there

   Vlad: need to pay more for late registration
   ... ok, that sit for today, see you next week

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]


-- 
 Chris Lilley   Technical Director, Interaction Domain                 
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead, Fonts Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG
 Member, CSS, WebFonts, SVG Working Groups
Received on Wednesday, 27 October 2010 20:26:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:04:23 UTC