RE: WOFF type registration

We were told that it would be an uphill battle and that it might take years to register a new top-level MIME type, and that there is no guarantee that we ever get there. It could have delayed the progress of the WOFF spec and we felt like it would have been too much of an effort. The WG discussed it at the No. 10 telcon and decided to go the easier route and register application/font-woff.

Regards,
Vlad