Re: several small spec comments

On Wednesday, November 10, 2010, 7:53:49 PM, John wrote:

JD> Several small comments regarding the spec.

JD> Overall:

JD> I think the styling for testing should be moved to an alternate
JD> stylesheet.

Agreed; as I said a couple of times on calls and at the f2f, this should be in an alternate stylesheet but I left it in the main one for the meeting, to facilitate discussion of the

JD> Section 3:

>> If either or both of the metadata or private blocks is not present

JD> *are* not present

Yes

JD> Appendix A:

>> Media Type registration

JD> This should be in a separate appendix.

Yes; it was intended to be. While editing live during the f2f, I was concentrating mainly on the text not on the numbering.

>> Subtype name:

>>    font-woff

JD> This is dependent on the top-level domain issue.  I would suggest:

JD>   woff or font-woff, depending on the type name used

Agreed.

JD> One other minor nit, the date of the spec should be updated to reflect
JD> the actual edit date.

Yes. Again, I didn't do that at the time because it was being edited live.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG