Re: Agenda, action items and suggested WOFF changes

John Daggett wrote:

> I'm fine with a statement such as this.  I would change the wording of the first
> sentence slightly to be more specific and include tool usage:

>           The font embedding permissions set in
>           the font contained in a WOFF file MUST
>           NOT affect load behavior in user agents
>           and MUST NOT affect whether tools
>           produce a WOFF file from an underlying
>           font.

I'm probably okay with that, given the discussion. I'd like to run this
by some more font makers, though, before committing to this wording.

I'd also like, for the sake of precision, to specifically identify the
OS/2 table fsType embedding permissions as the subject of this
statement. My reasoning here is that future fonts may contain novel
permissions data elsewhere in the font, specifically relating to WOFF or
other web font formats, which some tools may opt to respect.

JH