Re: WOFF specification name

Vlad wrote:

> The meeting minutes [1] spelled WOFF as the “Web Open Font Framework”
> (note the use of the word “Framework” instead of “Format”), which is
> something I actually like a lot. If it is possible, and if the WG would
> agree to name it this way – I think we would avoid many questions in the
> future about WOFF as a “font format”. The new name “Web Open Font
> Framework” would allow to keep the same abbreviation WOFF, and, IMHO,
> provides a better definition of what we are trying to achieve.

While I'm sensitive to the explanatory problem we've created in using
the term format, I'm not sure that 'framework' really captures what
we're specifying, and in terms of a file extension .woff it doesn't make
much sense to talk about serving a framework.

I'm trying to think of a word that begins with F that suggests a
container. Unfortunately, all I can come up with is Web Open Font Firkin. :)

JH