Re: document.createTouch/document.createTouchList are useless without new TouchEvent() or event.initTouchEvent()

On 4/4/2013 1:19 PM, Rick Byers wrote:
> Thanks, this is an amusing omission (I guess no-one is really using
> createTouchList in chrome outside of our tests, we don't have
> initTouchEvent in upstream WebKit).
Yes -- one reason we omitted initTouchEvent from Touch Events v1 (and
also createTouch/createTouchList in some versions of the spec) was
because we found close to zero production web content that used it.  Our
plan was always to replace these methods with constructors in v2.

> The note looks good to me, although the API is also necessary to
> initialize the other properties of a TouchEvent (in addition to the
> touch lists), right?
Yes, that's true.  I'm not sure if it's worth adding more description of
the method in this spec that doesn't define it, but feel free to propose
changes.  :)