Events Fired From Select Actions

From: Mark Jochum <legistrate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:32:38 -0400
To: public-webevents@w3.org
I was wondering what specifications or recommendations the W3C has make
regarding events that should fire when the dropdown for a select tag is
opened or closed. While I am fairly certain that support for multiple
browsers and old versions make tracking these events currently impractical,
I am hoping that there is a standard approach that will be upcoming in
future standards compliant browsers. Similarly, is there a standard event
to fire that either opens/closes or toggles the state of a select dropdown?