Re: Feedback on TouchEvent and DocumentTouch

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:44:17 +0200, Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck@mozilla.com>
> wrote:
>> On 09/13/2011 07:46 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>> Please do not standardize new initXXXEvent() methods. Instead use event
>>> constructors like HTML, Progress Events, DOM4, etc.
>>
>> In our telcon this week, we decided to keep the initTouchEvent method
>> in the v1 spec. In the v2 spec we will remove initTouchEvent and add a
>> DOM4-style constructor to replace it.
>>
>> Our reason for keeping this method in version 1 is that it is already
>> interoperably implemented, and we expect to need it in tests. Removing
>> it would not allow us to finalize Touch Events v1 as a Recommendation
>> with a full test suite as quickly as we want to.
>
> 1) In your earlier email you indicated it was not implemented consistently.
> 2) It seems rather hard to remove if you have a test suite that requires
> it.

I don't buy this. We're removing/changing all sorts of stuff now from
DOM which are in DOM 2 test suite. The same way v1 testsuite could have
tests for init*Event, but it could be removed from v2 testsuite.

But I don't care too much if we have init*Event or not.
It doesn't really cause any harm to have it, if we can have it
implemented consistently.
(For certain testing having some way to initialize event would be good.)

-Olli