Re: joystick?

Doug,

DOM3 events already include the term joystick.
however this currently appears to only refer to game controllers
(xbox?) and mobile devices.

in my  experience over a decade, desktop browsers do not accept
joystick input**.
but there seems little reason to  exclude  them,
and  the obvious benefit being that many games are frequently
considered more enjoyable with joystick when available.

my original consideration arose through accessibility  consideration:
my users were having with mice, and keyboard input was inapproriate,
so joystick would have been a natural choice, had they been available.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
http://www.peepo.com

**I am not sure of the reason, which may be OS dependent, there seems
little information available.