Re: WebEvents-ISSUE-9: Interaction of touch events and mouse events [Touch Events spec]

On 03/28/2011 01:22 PM, Benjamin Poulain wrote:
>  From my experience on the issue with Qt on Windows 7, this mixing of
> mouse event and touch event make it impossible to do anything useful
> with the page.
>
> The best solution I had was to discard the mouse event generated by the
> platform for the touch event. This way the touch and mouse on the same
> computer work as expected.

I agree.  In order to support this technique, I think the Touch Events
spec should at least specify:

"If the user agent dispatches both touch events and mouse events in
response to the same user action, then the 'touchstart' event must be
dispatched before any mouse events for that action."

This allows content to support both mouse and touch events, and switch
between them dynamically in a clean way.  (For example, this would allow
our own test suite to detect non-touch-aware browsers.)  It is also
compatible with existing implementations.  Any objections?