Clarification Requested

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 21:30:59 -0700
To: <public-webcrypto@w3.org>
Looking at the import procedure for ECDH with format of "jwk", the first two lines are:

1. Let jwk be the JsonWebKey dictionary represented by keyData.

2. If an error occurred while parsing, then throw a DataError.

It is not clear to me that the text here is clear.  Specifically, I don't see step #1 as being a parsing step so saying that an error occurring during parsing in step #2 seems odd.  From a testing point of view, I am not sure just what the error that is occurring in step #2 is supposed to be.  Are we saying that if there is an element which is not part of the JsonWebKey dictionary?  Is this left over from a point of time where we passed in a string rather than an object and the string was being parsed?

Any clarifications would be helpful.

Jim