Re: [W3C Web Crypto WG] Rechartering discussion

It would help to keep the discussion productive if you avoid such
inflammatory accusations of hidden motives that seek to harm security.

If you have reached that conclusion, then my best faith guess is that you
have not participated in this group for the past two years, nor read the
archives - or, at the least, the meeting minutes - in which it is
repeatedly described the complete, abject, and total failure for security
that every proposed solution has been, and that every legacy secure element
is. Despite being averse to the idea of absolutes, I feel extremely
confident in suggesting that there is no usable means to bring the legacy
solutions into the web in a way that can meaningfully convince browsers and
users of the security AND actually deliver on those promises. This is why
solutions such as FIDO exist - whose security is precisely derived because
it does NOT try to be a generic crypto API.

These sorts of underhanded accusations are neither productive nor welcome.
Concrete proposals are, and will be evaluated on the merit of their
security first and foremost.