Re: [W3C Web Crypto WG] about progressing quickly on key format --> please answer before

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:

> Virginie, all,
>
> We are actively using SPKI import for RSA keys and include PKCS#8 in the
> test suite that browsers must support to enable our application. As a
> result, my preference is for Option 1. I wonder, though, if the support
> required for PKCS#8 and SPKI in the specification could be scoped down such
> that achieving (1) becomes a simpler task for browsers ?
>
> ...Mark

The intersection of interoperability and specification is, effectively, #3.
We cannot do #1 without feedback from user agents and a willingness to
treat key material (public or private) as a matter for translation before
integrating with their APIs.