crypto-ISSUE-47 (jimsch): AES-GCM Algorithm is missing tag properties for authentication tag [Web Cryptography API]

From: Web Cryptography Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 00:24:24 +0000
To: public-webcrypto@w3.org
crypto-ISSUE-47 (jimsch): AES-GCM Algorithm is missing tag properties for authentication tag [Web Cryptography API]

http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/track/issues/47

Raised by: Jim Schaad
On product: Web Cryptography API

Pickup a mail list discussion issue so it is not lost, and I am currently trying to get something coded.

Current API does not have a separate tag field for input and output.  While I personally field this is the best way to proceed, all that is required is that the text be more explicit about how tags are dealt with for processing.  If tags are appended to the cipher text that needs to be stated and the description for tagLength be updated (it is not the actual length for decrypt).  Otherwise if we are going to have an output tag field that is explicit then this needs to be documented.