Re: On a Futures-style API

https://github.com/slightlyoff/DOMFuture/blob/master/reworked_APIs/WebCrytpo/after.idl

>>> Why the code examples at the end are not updated with the Future style?
>>>
> I saw Alex's answer about updating the examples, this would help to
understand how this works now.

>> The above IDL is not a formal update to the spec - that is still
>> pending. It was just a sample.
>>
>>> Could Futures solve ISSUE-22?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>> The WG reached consensus to close ISSUE-22 and take no further action
>> in the spec on our last conference call.
>

> Then the WG is going to close something for which there are real use
cases and living examples...

> I am not very familiar with Futures but I was wondering if a process
Future could not continue to be chained after you have invoked a finish
Future, this would simply solve ISSUE-22.

> Regards,
>
> --
> jCore
> Email :  avitte@jcore.fr
> iAnonym : http://www.ianonym.com
> node-Tor : https://www.github.com/Ayms/node-Tor
> GitHub : https://www.github.com/Ayms
> Web :    www.jcore.fr
> Webble : www.webble.it
> Extract Widget Mobile : www.extractwidget.com
> BlimpMe! : www.blimpme.com

Aymeric - you are not going to find what you're asking for as a side effect
of something else. It will need to. E specced. And the WG has reached
consensus not to spec this for this version of the API.

Which is to directly answer your question and say "No, it will not. It has
no relationship whatsoever to ISSUE-22."