Re: Web Crypto WG - moving forward on keystorage and keydiscovery

On 11/30/2012 05:03 PM, GALINDO Virginie wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> With the light of the recent exchanges, here is what I see, as chair, a possible way to move forward :
>
> - The next heartbeat of our Web Crypto API will contain the KeyStorage paragraph, and will have a note specifying that due to divergence of view in the WG, this feature may be moved to a separate document.
>
> - A new draft specification is created, targeting to address the topics of key discovery and key storage (Mark from Netflix offered to be editor of that spec). This new specification will have the same target timeline as the Web Crypto API timeline - but if no agreement is reached on it, it will not delay the Web Crypto API for being a Recommendation

+1 to the latter as latter if Mark has the cycles to get it out in the
next 2 weeks. Note that in this case, we don't really need to keep the
KeyStorage paragraph in the text if we have a clearly linked reference
to Mark's document and that is published at the same time, as I was
under the impression the second document by Mark would *replace*
KeyStorage in a manner compatible with structured clone.