Re: KeyStorage and Pre-provisioned Keys: A proposal

On Nov 15, 2012, at 2:56 PM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:

Ryan,

I excepted one point from your mail as I feel it is important:

> Again, there's certainly a committment and interest in these issues.
> However, the feeling is that the most important and pressing issue is
> basic algorithm and usability support.

This may be *your* feeling, but it is not mine. The API is essentially useless to us without support for pre-provisioned keys and so they are just as important to us as any other part of the API. Something we've made clear from the outset of this work.

KeyStorage - modified to be used only for pre-provisioned keys and not for any keys - may not be ideal. I'd like to work on better alternatives and I believe we have time to do that. But given the tone of the discussion, it should be no surprise that we take the position that we should work on a *replacement* for KeyStorage, rather than remove it with no agreement that a replacement will be sought.

…Mark