[Web Crypto WG] - our next conf call focus

Dear all,

A short summary of what we may have to address during our next call :

* We have a big issue to solve about the level of our API. Will it be low level, medium level or high level ? And this might be solved by writing down the usecases and functional requirements as David, Richard and Mitch kindly volunteered to do. So we will spend time reviewing the draft produced (no pressure, guys ;-).

* We also had some discussions last week on the mailing list, that I have briefly listed in the provisional agenda (extract re-copied and paste below for your convenience), which are not directly linked to this problem of API level - unless I missed something. For those one, I would like to open emails discussions (with separate mail thread) so that we progress and potentially make decision. For each of them, I'll try to summarize the situation and will expect you to react if you want to reshape the proposal. In case we do not come to conclusion (which I am expecting :-), we will discuss this in our next call and start using the issue tracker to keep track of our open points.

Regards,
Virginie
Gemalto

--------------------------
A) level of the API (low level, medium level or high level)
See discussion raised with Ryan Sleevi from Google and David Dahl from Mozilla http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcrypto/2012May/0039.html

B) algorithms to be supported by the API
See information sent by Mike Johns - Microsoft http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcrypto/2012May/0034.html
See question on TLS raised by Eric Rescorla http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcrypto/2012May/0041.html

C) algorithm discovery mechanism

D) handling the keys (management by identifiers)

E) types of key lifetime depending on usecases
See strawman proposal sent by Ryan Sleevi - Google http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcrypto/2012May/0052.html