Re: Action-8 - Base set of mandatory algorithms

Meta-suggestion here: It would be really good for this list to have a high degree of overlap with the JOSE algorithms.
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-algorithms>

There's more text in the JWA document, but I like Wan-Teh's approach a little better.  It's good to have requirements to tie the algorithms back to.

For 3: My impression is that it would be marginally safer to use RSAES-OAEP, and it is pretty widely implemented.

--Richard