Re: polycrypt and webcrypto

On Nov 1, 2014 1:14 PM, "Melvin Carvalho" <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 November 2014 19:40, Richard Barnes <rlb@ipv.sx> wrote:
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 7:42 AM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

getting browsers to implement web crypto in the browser.

>>> Thank you, very helpful!
>>>
>>> From the sounds of it, it makes most sense to base current development
using this spec on chromium, with some minor fixes as required.

>> Note that recent versions of Firefox also have WebCrypto.  In version 34
(currently beta), it is on by default, and in version 33 (currently
aurora), you can turn it on with "dom.webcrypto.enabled".

>> Firefox also lacks the HTTPS restriction that Anders notes.
>

> Oh, thanks for the info.  That sounds like a significant plus.

Not if you value security or the security of your users.

>>> I share our surprise that there are no mandatory algorithms in this
spec.

>> This may change soon.  The plan is to look at what the first
implementations have been able to achieve, and if there's a common set,
make that a requirement going forward.

> Great!
>

>> --Richard

that still maintained, it points to a 2012 version of the spec.