Re: What happens if input ArrayBufferView changes during a WebCrypto operation ?

On Mar 7, 2013 7:37 AM, "Aymeric Vitte" <vitteaymeric@gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed...
>
>>> One option brought up to be to to cast it to an immutable Blob.
>>>
>>> No, not Blob, Harry. ArrayBuffer. Same notion of copy semantics, but
without the requirement of Blobs.

>> I think you missed my "it" :)
>>
>> The suggestion was to cast the ArrayBuffer to an immutable Blob for the
duration of the invocation if needed, although I agree that could be
overkill.

>> Whether that is needed or not is a question that depends on the JS
environment - the question is how much guarantees its wise for the spec to
make about that environment.

> Ryan, how do you intend to make an ArrayBuffer immutable? As far as I
know and as far as I have tested, this is not possible (and that behavior
is specified nowhere for now), if something like "freeze the underlying
ArrayBuffer" could be the solution, apparently browsers have different
behaviors and in all cases this does not freeze the underlying ArrayBuffer.

You don't freeze. You can't. You copy. This is already reflected in a
number of APIs - including ArrayBuffer itself.

This is not anything new that I am proposing here.

> Maybe as Harry suggests it should be brought to public-script-coord@w3.org
>
> Regards
>
> Aymeric
>
> PS : as I was writing this post I saw your latest reply but still don't
get how you freeze the underlying data.