Re: draft for certificate management

On 03/04/2013 12:02 PM, Aymeric Vitte wrote:
> Me too, as well as working on TLS and exposing certificates specs.
>
> Maybe take a look here : https://github.com/Ayms/abstract-tls which is
> an adaptation of https://github.com/digitalbazaar/forge that I am
> currently modifying and integrating, this could be helpfull to start
> building the certificates and TLS models (still easier to start from
> something working and well documented like forge with interesting
> concepts like the abstract notions, and to modify it than starting
> from scratch).
I agree certificate/TLS binding work makes sense in a separate spec.

Right now this is in secondary scope, so until we get answers on the
primary scope issues, we likely won't make this a deliverable -
particularly if vendors aren't interested in implementing this now.
However, even if it doesn't, there's always the ability to charter
another Working Group as needed.

Keep in mind these features from the charter: "control of TLS session
login/logout, derivation of keys from TLS sessions" as well as "the
lifecycle control of credentials such enrollment, selection, and
revocation of credentials with a focus enabling the selection of
certificates for signing and encryption" [1].

Also, when writing the spec try to determine if you could use the
low-level API to build what parts, and what other parts would need some
level of access to browser internals. Some features could be done in a
library on top of the Crypto API I hope.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/11/webcryptography-charter.html