Re: Streaming - [Re: CryptoOperation and its life cycle]

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:29 AM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 13/12/2012 23:34, Ryan Sleevi a écrit :
>
>> For all of the supported digest functions, there is an explicit
>> finalization step, as dictated by the algorithm definition, which involves
>> padding and including the length. That is, there is NEVER any output that
>> returns a "partial" hash
>
> I am not talking about a partial hash output.
>
> To be clear, the question is how to do what is here
> https://github.com/Ayms/node-Tor/blob/master/src/crypto.cc#l396-416 ( what
> is commented was the initial behavior, ie close the hash after digest, I did
> modify it to keep the state before digest and process it again after digest)
> or here https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/blob/HEAD:/src/common/crypto.c
> (lines 1578-1587, same thing)
>
> Again, that's a real life use case for streaming used/requested not by
> myself only, see next email too.

Then what you want has nothing to do with "streaming", nor
"progressive", nor "multi-part".

What you want has nothing to do with the behaviour/implementation of .process()

What you want relates to ISSUE-22 (
http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/track/issues/22 ): Cloning.

It's very clear you're cloning the digest context via the call to
EVP_MD_CTX_copy. That is the same as a clone method.