Re: WebCrypto Target Audience?

Ryan,
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say here.
The core message is that things like secure storage is generally an issuer question.

<UsedCarSalesmanMode>

Regarding SKS (which I didn't mention), it is not an attempt to create a
"One True Grand Unified Crypto API", it is an about establishing a standard [1]
for on-line-provisionable key-containers.

Since existing standards like ISO/IEC 24727 (which are based on intricate mapping
of moderately compatible properties), without exception have failed to get any
traction from the (US) platform vendors [2], I thought that it might be a good
idea trying something else.

Naturally such a proposal would (MUST actually..) be turned down by W3C's SysApps
and similar SDO efforts since it is incompatible with every existing key-container
out there.  Given the "success" rate for mapping schemes, I'm not overly concerned
about that :-)

For *using* keys SKS is as compatible with crypto APIs as anything else although
there (of course) is a native API which is more powerful than the mapped dittos.

The native API (for example) offers credential logotypes which I think is a valid
requirement these days.

</UsedCarSalesmanMode>

Anders

1] de-facto/industry ditto

2] it is virtually impossible for a platform vendor to test and support such designs