Re: UTF-8 vs. ISO Latin 1

Lofton,

This setting (by default  files are served as utf-8 ) only applies to
/TR web space.

In our web space, for example in the WebCGM web space, this setting does
not apply.

You can stick with 8859-1 for your editing and publish as is in the
WebCGM WG space
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/

I will do the necessary when publishing the document in TR Space.

FYI, Public Working Draft (30 January 2009) was using  encoding "8859-1"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-webcgm21-20090130/

and the second Last Call Working Draft (04 June 2009) is using  encoding
"utf-8"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-webcgm21-20090604/

Note that the Technical Report Publication Policy (Pubrules) does not
request to useUTF-8 for TR publications.
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules?uimode=filter&uri=

Now Why UTF-8 and not UTF-16?  I don't know who decided this and why
UTF-8, probably the Systeam Team and the Webmaster.

Best,

Thierry.