Re: update Re: in-line "new" styling

Hi Thierry,

I have done a lot more work on
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/highlight-test/WebCGM21-DOM ,
and have more questions and comments.

First, a global question:  are we sure that this new21 markup will be
acceptable to the people who are ruling on the WebCGM21 spec. acceptability
for /TR/ (pubrules)?

Second, if "yes":  if we markup the whole document, should the SoTD say
something?

Details...

a.) Okay.  That markup (below) with the IDL blocks works.  (Could apply it
also to the ECMAScript chapter.)

b.) I ran into problems again, trying to use the <div> approach on a group
of rows in a table:
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/highlight-test/WebCGM21-DOM#styleprop-table

So I created a variant of the new21 style, called "new21-inline" and
applied it to each <tr>.  It omits the margins and borders.  (It also works
applying it to lists, as in the <ul> in the local TOC at the start of the
chapter.  But we don't necessarily have to markup that TOC stuff).

Questions....

1.) threshold question:  here is a good threshold example.  Search on
'grnode' in WebCGM21-DOM.html.  In a dozen places, you'll find
single-sentence clarifications of the attribute/method behavior if the node
type is 'grnode'.  This is not new functionality, but rather clarification
of ambiguity that existed in WebCGM 2.0.  The changes are referenced in the
Change Log.  Should they be highlighted?  It seems to me that we should be
careful to separate new functionality from editorial. improvements (like
clarifications) to 2.0 functionality.

Another such example is the new last paragraph to each of 2.2.2 and 2.2.3,
clarifying 2.0 alpha transparency functionality:
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/current-editor-21/WebCGM21-Concepts.html#webcgm_2_2_2

2.) deletions?  I can't think right now whether there are any functional
deletions, but I think there might be.  It would probably be in the context
of deprecation/obsoletion...

3.) Deprecation/obsoletion:  things that are deprecated in one version
migrate to obsolete in the next.  Is that a new feature to be marked?
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/current-editor-21/WebCGM21-Conf.html#webcgm_conformance_deprObs

(Some of this might be easiest to discuss at the Thursday telecon.)

-Lofton.