Re: WebCGM telecon next week?

Hi Thierry (and All) --

Thanks for all of your emails and drafts!

Proposal.  Thierry, could you go ahead and get the Zakim bridge for
Wednesday, 11:30am EDT (for 1 hour), for all of us?  (I think 6 indicated
availability then.)

Explanation.  At the least, you and I can talk.  I'd suggest that the
others, who indicated their availability then, please keep it on your
calendar until you hear otherwise from us.  Reason.  I am mostly busy with
other things during daytime today, so won't be able to read and absorb all
of this until later.

Part of the reason to hurry now was the anticipated absence of me followed
then by your absence.  So we only had a small amount of time in September
when we would overlap.  (My travel may be postponed now.)

It is a pity that the CfP took almost 4 weeks after the MoU, but we can't
do anything about that now.  Bottom line is that our membership is indeed
in flux now, and I'm not even sure who is on the WG list (I will check
later, but meanwhile will copy all of the individuals.)

I have talked personally with JBC last evening, and he promises to join for
OASIS and sign me up today.  But we still have some in-process cases.

As you say, it is hard to take a vote under those circumstances.  But we
can assess the status, informally agree, and plan when and how we will
circulate pre-announce (First Public and Last Call Working Draft), take
vote, etc.

Thoughts?

-Lofton.