Re: WG future [was Re: AW: about scheduled Thursday telecon...]

Lofton Henderson wrote:
> Thierry,
>
> Thanks again for the good suggestions and guidance...
>
> At 06:38 PM 5/4/2007 +0200, Thierry Michel wrote:
>
>> Lofton,
>>
>> I believe we could request a 6 months extension to deal with following
>> items:
>>
>> - WebCGM 1.0 erratas (we know there are some)
>> - WebCGM 2.0 erratas, if some come in
>> - Publish a new edition
>> - determine the exact WebCGM 2+ work
>> - Work on a new charter if necessary (depending on the work of WebCGM
>> 2+). If we only deal with the work items that we already mentioned in
>> the current charter, we probably will not need to do so else if there
>> are new work items we will need to recharter.
>> - Work on a requirement document if needed
>> - Organize a F2F to finalize these items if needed.
>
> I like this list.
>
> Per my previous message, I'd like to get feedback from *all* about it,
> as the basis of a 6-month extension request.
>
> All?  Feel free to make specific comments for additions, deletions,
> changes to the list.
>
> With an agreed list in hand, we can use it as the basis of an extension
> request, which we would formally endorse at a future telecon.  May 24th
> looks like a good candidate (pending answers from Thierry about whether
> that timing works, and pending the WG consensus that we indeed do want
> to make an extension request).

My understanding is that Don, Dieter, Lofton and I support this option.
We now need acceptance from Benoit, Stuart and Chris.

If we do have this consensus, we can send a conclusion mail to the WG
list starting that the WG is OK for extending 6 months. 5This would
avoid waiting for the 24th may telecon).

Then we can request extension to Chris and Steve, with the above work
items list.

Thierry.