Re: what kind of feedback from Web API?

A specific question of clarification, only for my own understanding...

At 05:55 PM 6/12/2006 -0400, Benoit Bezaire wrote:

>Here is a first take on the matter. Feel free to comment and suggest
>changes:
>
>--
>   Here is an attempt to clarify our request. WebCGM 2.0 has (more or
>   less) two sets of APIs: one that resembles a subset of DOM 2 Core;
>   the other that resembles a subset of DOM 2 Event.
>
>   Why not use DOM 2 Core or DOM 3 Core? The main reason is that we
>   thought an XML DOM API would create a lot of confusion to CGM
>   (binary format) users.

Okay, what are some details behind that statement?  Here's what comes to
mind for me:

-- binary format versus XML;
-- only grouping elements (APSs) are WDOM-visible, not the entire set of
graphical elements;
-- WDOM is read-only;
-- WDOM only needs very small subset of DOM2C/DOM3C (below);

Any other reasons/details?

-Lofton.