Re: unzipping the final LC document

I'm confused...

At 10:51 AM 6/8/2006 +0200, Thierry MICHEL wrote:

>Lofton Henderson wrote:
>
>[...]
>But this one should be fixed in
>http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/20060608/WebCGM20-ECMA.html
>Broken fragments and their line numbers: They need to be fixed!
>         webcgm_ecma: 488, 500, 543
>
>[...]
>[1]
>http://validator.w3.org/checklink?url=http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/20060608/&recursive=on

When I run linkchecker, recursion depth 2, it does not show any errors in
WebCGM20-ECMA.html.  Furthermore, according to my text editor there are
only 290 lines in the file.  Furthermore, the whole file is a 'pre' except
for the first few lines, and the only href are to the standard W3C
stylesheets (in 'link'), and this:

href="WebCGM20-Conf.html">Back to Conformance</a> | <a
href="WebCGM20-Appendix.html">On to Appendixes</a></p>

In other words, I cannot find the problem.  You are reporting.  In fact, I
don't see those reported link errors in -ECMA, even with your line above [1].

HELP!  (Is there a linkchecker bug?)

Furthermore, when I run the checker line of yours [1] above, instead of
simply running from the linkchecker page with the Web interface, I get some
broken links/fragments associated with WebCGM20-Profile.html, and this is
the first time I have *ever* seen these.  Furthermore, when I run your line
[1] with /current-editor/ instead of /20060608/, I don't see the -Profile
complaints.  Clearly something is happening that I don't understand, as I
thought the files in /current-editor/ were the same as /20060608/, except
for the Overview.html.

Oh well.  I guess we can resolve to advance "...with fixing of link problems".