Comments for WebCGM (Re: Action Item: Re: Draft Minutes From Today's PF Call)

Hi Chirs,

We discussed from the viewpoint of accessibility (mainly non-visual
interface).
We think that if WebCGM has these capabilities and additional guides, it
becomes more useful for users of non-visual interface.

1. Capability to assign "navigation order" for layers or regions.

Cuurently users might have to navigate based on DOM structure.
If there exists the attribute to assign "navigation order" and viewer
support, it is useful for both authors and users.

2. Additional use case and viewer behavior definition for the
accessibility.

2-1. There are several text attributes, such as "name", "desc" and
"screentip", for the objects.
So, we think we have to define how viwers/AT tools handle them.

For example,

  Use "name" as an ALT attribute in HTML.
  Viewer notifies users if there exist "desc" or "screentip".
  Users decide whether they will read it or not.

2-2. In addition to 2-1, grobject, para and subpara can have "linkuri"
attribute.
In this case, these objects become "hyperlink" and viewer must read "desc"
of linkurl at first.
And, to keep them accessible, it might be better that "desc" attribute is
"REQUIRED" for "linkuri" element.

2-3 In the case where "visibility" attribute is "off", viewer/AT tools does
not have to "read" text information of the element.

Please forgive me if there exist duplicate comments or these are already
discussed items.

Best regards,
---
Kentarou Fukuda, Ph.D.
Tokyo Research Laboratory, IBM Japan
Tel: +81-46-215-4659
E-mail: kentarou@jp.ibm.com

             Chris Lilley
             <chris@w3.org>
             w3c-wai-pf-reques         Kentarou Fukuda/Japan/IBM@IBMJP
             t@w3.org                                                   cc
                                       w3c-wai-pf@w3.org,
                                       public-webcgm-wg@w3.org
             2006/08/23 16:36                                      Subject
                                       Re: Action Item: Re: Draft Minutes
                                       From Today's PF Call
             Please respond to
               Chris Lilley
              <chris@w3.org>

On Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 9:01:23 AM, Kentarou Fukadu wrote:

KF> Hi,

KF> I asked Asakawa-san (Chieko) to review WebCGM last week.
KF> She might have time to review it this week and next week.
KF> When I got result from her, I'll send it to this ML.

Fukada-san,

Has Asakawa-san made a review of the WebCGM 2.0 document? The WebCGM WG is
meeting this week in Cologne, Germany to review last call comments,so it
would be very helpful if the WAI PF review could be made available while we
are meeting.

KF> Best regards,
KF> ---
KF> Kentarou Fukuda, Ph.D.