From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 9:31 AM
To: public-webcgm-wg@w3.org
Subject: dial-in during WebCGM WG meeting?

All (esp. Thierry, Dieter, Chris) --

During the WebCGM TC (OASIS) telecon last week, we arranged that the
implementors who are in the TC, but not at the WG meeting, would be
available for consultation during the meeting.  At the least, we would
want to be able to connect with Ulrich (Ematek) and Forrest (SDI).  It
is also conceivable that we would want to communicate with Rob (of
Auto-trol, no longer a TC member, but still has a static CGM
implementation.)

It is typical for W3C meetings to arrange a Zakim bridge for the needed
times.  Given that Forrest is in Houston (7 hours earlier), such a
bridge reservation would be useful in the afternoon, not the morning.
Ulrich is located close to Cologne, so time difference is not a
determinant for him.  (In fact, he said he could make a visit to the
meeting.)

Question.  Does anyone yet have the action item to ask Amy for a bridge
for Wed afternoon and Thursday afternoon?  If not, should I do it
Monday?

Second question.  Is this the best way to do it, through a Zakim bridge?
Especially, it would require us to dial out from the meeting room,
through the hotel switchboard, to a long-distance number.  We have had a
(very!) bad experience with this in the past.  Are there any practical
alternatives, if we need to talk to more than one outside person at a
time?

Regards,