Re: [webauthn] Enforce backup eligibility during assertion (#1791)

From: Matthew Miller via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 16:43:23 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> Yes, but there is no guidance (normative or informative) on what RPs should do if they encounter the forbidden cases (`BE=1 => 0` or `BE=0, BS=1`).

I do agree that an official decision should be made. Two _insanely popular_ WebAuthn libraries currently reject registration and authentication based on the fact that `be:0, bs:1` is "not allowed" because it is the opinion of the authors (read: me 😂) that this reflects an authenticator that is acting up, and that it is a problem that should be fixed at the authenticator level so that it becomes compliant with the spec.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MasterKale
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1791#issuecomment-1231912361 using your GitHub account