Re: [webauthn] Add ability to query for feasibility of registering a credential that is backup eligible (#1788)

From: Matthew Miller via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 20:07:41 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Alternatively an RP could simply detect `be:0` and naively make another call to `.create()` with the same user ID and check `be` flag in the registration response. That wouldn't require any new functionality.

I'll keep this issue open for now while I take this back to my team, and follow up to clarify the ask or simply close this out if it turns out we don't need this functionality after all.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MasterKale
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1788#issuecomment-1211212310 using your GitHub account