Re: [webauthn] Can the private keys be used for other cryptographic operations? (#1595)

From: Emil Lundberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 18:29:27 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
I thought of an application I don't think the PRF extension covers: multi-party encryption (which seems pretty obvious in hindsight...). If the sender and recipient are the same, then a PRF can be used well enough to derive a symmetric key. But not so if the sender and recipient are not the same (and their PRFs are therefore different). For that I believe you would need direct access to some kind of Diffie-Hellman construct.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1595#issuecomment-832152932 using your GitHub account