Re: [webauthn] Inconsistent RP directions for handling credential transports (#1587)

From: David Waite via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 08:48:55 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
I suspect we should tighten up language by speaking instead terms of credential descriptors, which contain a credential ID  (which is authoritative from the authenticator as part of the attested data on create) and transports (which is advisory and shared unprotected from the client).

A client SHOULD persist a credential descriptor, with both id and transports, to provide hints to the client for authenticator management and for any future authentication attempts of non-discoverable credentials. Changing or removing values from the transports may impact user experience or even prevent use of the credential.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dwaite
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1587#issuecomment-804726906 using your GitHub account