Re: [webauthn] Cleanup when creating discoverable credentials with attestations (#1560)

From: David Waite via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 09:05:31 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Yes, what I was thinking was something similar to this:

1. best-effort cleanup of credentials the site does not understand
2. eliminating edge cases that create spurious credentials when possible.

A delete/cleanup hint mechanism could be added directly to CredMan, I believe the only WebAuthn specific part is that non-resident credentials will always silently ignore cleanup. But since everything is a hint and the result is silent, who knows? 😄

e.g. a slightly different color bikeshed

```javascript
navigator.credentials.cleanup({
    type: "public-key",
    action: "retain",
    matching: [
        {id: "credhandle1"},
        {id: "credhandle2"}
]})
```

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dwaite
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1560#issuecomment-800083759 using your GitHub account