Re: [webauthn] webauthn - API need to know the registration status of an platform authenticator (#1639)

From: Manish Khedawat via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 20:08:39 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> In terms of knowing whether a credential exists for signing in, there is also a proposal to integrate with autocomplete for that.

Will autocomplete throw a different error if I provide a user whose credentials don't exist on the device.

In my case I know who the user is, I even have some possible credentials. I just want to be sure that credential exists before/during assertion.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mkkhedawat
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1639#issuecomment-874308752 using your GitHub account