Re: [webauthn] Can RPs assume that `InvalidStateError` for `create()` means an excludeCredentials match? (#1566)

From: Arshad Noor via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 00:11:27 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> It's important that the registration of a trusted device does not turn a user without "normal 2FA" into a 2FA user, because we want this feature to be low-friction and only "value added".

Far be it that I get in the middle of this thread (and the complexity WebAuthn has spawned), but if there is no intent to implement FIDO for its _raison d'etre_, why bother implementing it at all?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by arshadnoor
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1566#issuecomment-782469062 using your GitHub account