Re: [webauthn] Surface platform authenticator status in the `create` response / help RPs track UV/PA/RK (#1567)

From: Akshay Kumar via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 16:02:58 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> Whether the registration is for a user-verifying authenticator

If RPs require user verification, they specify `userVerification` as `required`.
RPs can always check for `uv` bit in the response to verify that user verification is performed.

> Whether the registration is a discoverable credential (resident key)

The best we can do at this time is via the credProps extension. Regarding the implementation on one browser vs another, that is not a spec issue. Browser/OS vendors are teams with their own schedules and it always takes some time to get everything implemented. We will get there.

> Whether the registration is a platform authenticator

API itself contains the attachment property. And the response has `transports` value.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by akshayku
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1567#issuecomment-776049570 using your GitHub account