Re: [webauthn] Choosing An Attestation Statement Format? (#1659)

The type of attestation the authenticator supports is mostly driven by
hardware and operating environment.

Microsoft uses a TPM, Android has safety net, security keys have packed.

You can't safely use packed on Android as there is no way to protect the
private key.

RP need to accept all attestation types.  That is a requirement for Fido
server certification.

Regards
John B.