Updates on the network transport

From: Nick Mooney <nmooney@duosecurity.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 11:30:07 -0700
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Hi folks,

We've been discussing the addition of a network transport to CTAP2 for some
time. While this likely falls under the jurisdiction of FIDO, we want to
share what we've been working on and solicit feedback from participants in
the broader ecosystem. In short, we are proposing:

* caBLE pairing can happen via BLE or mDNS
* Authenticators may provide a FQDN/port of a network relay during the
pairing process
* If provided, the authenticator can be contacted via the network relay
using the HTTPS protocol outlined in the document

Please see our full writeup of our current thoughts here:
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/files/4588654/The.Network.Transport.May.2020.pdf

The GitHub issue can be found here:
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1381

--