Re: [webauthn] Addition of a network transport (#1381)

From: Nick Mooney via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 18:16:41 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Here are our updated thoughts on the network transport as of early May. This document should explain most of what we're thinking. In short:

* caBLE pairing can happen via BLE or mDNS
* authenticators may provide a FQDN/port of a network relay during the pairing process
* if provided, the authenticator can be contacted via the network relay using the HTTPS protocol outlined in the document

[The Network Transport, May 2020.pdf](https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/files/4588654/The.Network.Transport.May.2020.pdf)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nickmooney
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1381#issuecomment-624808667 using your GitHub account