Re: [webauthn] Underspecified client output in `exts` extension (#1314)

From: =JeffH via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 19:21:24 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org

hm. We do have extensions that are known only to the webauthn client eg [10.1. FIDO AppID Extension (appid)](https://w3c.github.io/webauthn/#sctn-appid-extension).

It does seem given how ["Supported Extensions" extension](https://w3c.github.io/webauthn/#sctn-supported-extensions-extension) is written that it may have been originally intended to report only on supported authnr extensions.  But is that what we really want/need?

I'm thinking that the ["Supported Extensions" extension](https://w3c.github.io/webauthn/#sctn-supported-extensions-extension) ought to report on _all_ extensions supported by the client platform + authnr.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1314#issuecomment-574814742 using your GitHub account