Re: [webauthn] Supply an “intention" member in PublicKeyCredentialCreationOptions dictionary (#1292)

From: Ki-Eun Shin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 06:44:40 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
I agree with all of intentions to provide the way for RPs to set the intention more cleary. We might add very high level option like @alanwaketan suggested. Also, we can add recommendation (or guideline) in the spec for RPs to understand such options better like #1300.

But the issue is originated from the current defined terms or keywords for such options.
For example, existing options can be,
**requireResidentKey** :  **requireTypelessAuthentication**.
**userVerification** : **requireMultiFactorAuthentication**.

So, rather than introducing very high-level describing options (mixed combination of existing options), it's better for us to introduce new members understandable easily.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Kieun
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1292#issuecomment-532991410 using your GitHub account